We would take a page out of Beyoncé’s book and say "the best revenge is your paper," but we want to reassure you that a break up is not about revenge at all. The first step is coming to terms with your new reality, free of bitterness, anger and resentment then shifting the focus on you. Being in a relationship is a full time job. Embrace the newly gained free time in the best ways possible. Oh! Friendly reminder, you’re smart, beautiful, intelligent and worthy of the world.
Ask Yourself Some Important Questions
It’s time to get honest with yourself about how you feel and how you want to proceed.
- Was your past partner supportive?
- Was your past partner fit for your future?
- Did you try to change your past partner?
- Did you fall in love with your past partner’s potential?
- Are you ready for another relationship at this time?
Just because you’re single now, doesn’t mean you have to do everything by yourself. Having someone in your corner when it comes to life and/or business goals is a whole vibe.
This is real life, be patient with yourself and give yourself the time you need to heal and move forward with the right mindset.